Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ready or not, here we go...

So I guess I'm pretty good at being wrong.

For example, after my first date with my husband about a year ago, I spent a month avoiding him because I didn't think it was going to go anywhere.

Oopsie.

And when I planned a big trip to Asia in 2012, I was 1000% sure that my little three-day sojourn in Beijing, China was my ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity to see The Awesomest Wall On Earth and munch on a few scorpions. I'm not great with numbers, but I think 1000% sure is really, really sure.

In about a week, we will be moving to Beijing.
Moving there.
Like, to live.
Wut.

Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to blog about this unexpected adventure because:
1) I'm quitting my dreamy writing job so I will probably have a fair amount of time on my hands and unused creativity in my brain and 2) I have a feeling that life's about to take a turn for the interesting and I kinda want to document it for myself and anyone else who feels like following along.

Am I totally ready for this enormous move to the other side of our planet? Not so much. I feel like I'm about to plunge off the end of a crazy-high diving board-- really excited, but also scared outta my mind (and suddenly overcome with a nagging urge to pee).

So for the next week I'm pretty much going to just be bouncing on the end of that board, working up the courage to take a really deep breath and jump into that big ol' Mandarin-speaking, dumpling-eating, everything-is-new-to-me world.

Man oh man, this is gonna be quite the journey.

Pretty sure I'm not wrong about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment